McLEAN, VA – TEGNA Media, the broadcast division of TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), today was named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting & Cable. TEGNA Media was chosen because of its “outstanding group of local television stations whose leading reportage, ratings, financial results and strategic moves demonstrated its exceptional accomplishments in taking on dynamic market trends,” according to the publication.
“This is a great accomplishment and we thank Broadcasting & Cable for honoring the exceptional work and commitment that takes place every day across our company,” said Gracia Martore, president and CEO, TEGNA. “This recognition is the culmination of a terrific year for TEGNA Media which received many well-deserved honors. It also symbolizes what this company is all about. We deliver quality content and innovation that makes a difference every day.”
TEGNA Media’s many highlights this year include:
- Launching a significant effort to transform content in every market and doubling down on investigations, leading to positive change in our communities
- Bringing our communities together in times of need and making a difference through community service
- Being recognized with more industry honors than any other station group
Investing in new training programs for multi-skilled journalists, marketers and general managers
- Upgrading our multi-platform experience and modernizing our mobile app platform, with many stations now among the highest rated news apps in the industry
- Generating significant revenue and client results through our sales transformation
- Investing in innovative, non-news original programming across platforms
“When we commit to excellence in journalism, to empowering our communities and to advancing our clients’ businesses, everybody wins,” said Dave Lougee, president, TEGNA Media. “We’re very proud of the meaningful work TEGNA Media employees perform every day.”
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital, Cofactor and Sightline Media Group. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
For media inquiries, contact:
Vice President, Corporate Communications
For investor inquiries, contact:
Vice President, Investor Relations