Margaret Buchanan Named Top Publisher in Gannett U.S. Community Publishing
McLEAN, VA – – Margaret Buchanan, Interstate Group vice president and president and publisher of The Cincinnati Enquirer, today was named the top publisher in U.S. Community Publishing, receiving the division’s President’s Ring. Buchanan also received the division’s Signet Award, given to 10-time President’s Ring winners.
“Margaret’s work in finding new ways to serve our advertisers and consumers in Cincinnati during a transition year puts her at the head of the class among our publishers. She is a top-notch publisher on all fronts, and a key player in the Group,” said Bob Dickey, president of Gannett U.S. Community Publishing. “Margaret and the other winners of President’s Rings today are great examples of the talent Gannett has in its publisher ranks.”
First runner-up this year is Rindraty (Ri) Limtiaco, president and publisher of the Pacific Daily News in Guam. This is her second ring.
Andrew Oppmann, president and publisher of The Daily News Journal in Murfreesboro, TN, and The Leaf-Chronicle in Clarksville, TN, is second runner-up. He also is a two-time winner.
Other winners, in alphabetical order, are:
* Sherm Bodner, president and publisher of the Press & Sun Bulletin in Binghamton/Central N.Y. (three-time winner).
* Tom Bookstaver, West Group vice president and president and publisher, Springfield (MO) News-Leader (five-time winner; receives Chairman’s Ring).
* Steve Brandt, East Group vice president and president and publisher, The Greenville (SC) News (five-time winner; receives Chairman’s Ring).
* Kevin Corrado, president and publisher, the Green Bay (WI) Press-Gazette and the Herald Times Reporter in Manitowoc, WI (five-time winner; receives Chairman’s Ring).
* Leslie Hurst, South Group vice president and president and publisher, The Daily Advertiser in Lafayette, LA and the Daily World in Opelousas, LA (four-time winner).
* Jim Strauss, president and publisher, the Great Falls (MT) Tribune (three-time winner).
* Pete Zanmiller, president and publisher, The Times of Shreveport, LA (four-time winner).
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international news and information company operating on multiple platforms including the Internet, mobile, newspapers, magazines and TV stations. Gannett is an Internet leader with hundreds of newspaper and TV Web sites; CareerBuilder.com, the nation’s top employment site; USATODAY.com; and more than 80 local MomsLikeMe.com sites. Gannett publishes 84 daily U.S. newspapers, including USA TODAY, the nation’s largest-selling daily newspaper, and more than 700 magazines and other non-dailies including USA WEEKEND. Gannett also operates 23 television stations in 19 U.S. markets. Gannett subsidiary Newsquest is the United Kingdom’s second largest regional newspaper company with 17 daily paid-for titles, more than 200 weekly newspapers, magazines and trade publications, and a network of Web sites.