Ten Gannett Publishers Awarded U.S. Community Publishing President’s Rings
McLEAN, VA – Bob Dickey, president of Gannett U.S. Community Publishing, today awarded 10 publishers with USCP President’s Rings for outstanding performance during 2009. President’s Rings are the division’s top honor.
“This award is the division’s top honor and recognizes the outstanding work done by these publishers during a very challenging year. They all are excellent leaders who are committed to moving the company ahead strategically,” said Dickey. “I can’t thank them enough for what they do every day.”
Top three winners:
* Publisher of the year: Barry Rothfeld, Poughkeepsie, NY (three-time winner)
* First runner-up: Gene Williams, Muncie, IN (two-time winner)
* Second runner-up: Lori Driscoll, Port Huron, MI (two-time winner)
* Sherman Bodner, Binghamton, NY (four-time winner)
* Margaret Buchanan, Cincinnati, OH (11-time winner)
* Rindraty Limtiaco, Guam (three-time winner)
* Mark Mikolajczyk, Brevard, FL (four-time winner)
* Amy Pack, Visalia, CA (seven-time winner)
* Steve Silberman, Salem, OR (two-time winner)
* John Zidich, Phoenix, AZ (seven-time winner)
Judges for the President’s Ring competition were Gannett Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Craig Dubow; Gracia Martore, president, chief operating officer and chief financial officer; Bob Dickey; and Roxanne Horning, senior vice president of Human Resources.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international news and information company operating on multiple platforms including the Internet, mobile, newspapers, magazines and TV stations. Gannett is an Internet leader with hundreds of newspaper and TV web sites; CareerBuilder.com, the nation’s top employment site; USATODAY.com; and more than 80 local MomsLikeMe.com sites. Gannett publishes 82 daily U.S. newspapers, including USA TODAY, the nation’s largest-selling daily newspaper, and more than 650 magazines and other non-dailies including USA WEEKEND. Gannett also operates 23 television stations in 19 U.S. markets. Gannett subsidiary Newsquest is the United Kingdom’s second largest regional newspaper company with 17 daily paid-for titles, more than 200 weekly newspapers, magazines and trade publications, and a network of web sites.
For media inquiries, contact:
Vice President of Corporate Communications
For investor inquiries, contact:
Director, Investor Relations