Work in a place where your unique experiences are valued and where you can be your authentic self.
We are committed to ensuring our content reflects the diverse communities we represent. Our content teams (news, digital and marketing employees) take part in an Inclusive Journalism program, developed in partnership with diverse leaders at TEGNA and The Poynter Institute, to tackle unconscious bias in news reporting and content development and to address how coded language contributes to racial stereotypes.
Action We’ve Taken
- We’ve set quantifiable five-year goals to increase Black, Indigenous and People of Color representation in content teams, news leadership and management roles.
- With the catalyst of the social justice movement, we committed to completing mandatory unconscious bias training and created a companywide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee group.
- Signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge.
- We launched a Diversity & Inclusion Working Group comprised of employees from across TEGNA to: increase racial diversity in key leadership and influential positions; ensure racially diverse perspectives and respectfully valued, sought after, and embraced and identify and combat inherent unconscious bias through education and training.
- To help shed light on human rights issues, the TEGNA Foundation made special grants to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Chinese for Affirmative Action and Asian Americans Advancing Justice.
- Added Juneteenth as a paid company holiday.
Join a team that welcomes your unique perspective! Find your next career.
Excellence in Reporting
- TEGNA Station KARE Honored with Peabody Award
- TEGNA Stations Honored with 84 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
- TEGNA Stations Receive Ten National 2023 Edward R. Murrow Awards
Our Award-Winning Culture
Recognized as one of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces® in North America
Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality for the sixth consecutive year by the Human Rights Campaign with a score of 100 on the Corporate Equality Index
Named to Points of Lights’ The Civic 50 as one of the 50 most community-minded companies in the United States for the third consecutive year
Our employees help mentor our nation’s veterans through our partnership with American Corporate Partners