New Year, New Plan: 6 Tips to Take Your Brand Marketing Campaigns Above and Beyond with TEGNA
The new year is the perfect time to refresh your business’s marketing plan. Nancy Barre, Local Sales Manager at 11Alive, is sharing six quick tips to help business owners take their marketing campaigns above and beyond in 2023 – and how Team TEGNA can help you accomplish the goals you set.
By Nancy Barre, Local Sales Manager, 11Alive
Developing a marketing plan that closely aligns with your business plan in the new year is an important task for any business. It allows you to set clear goals and objectives, identify your target consumer, and develop strategies and tactics to reach and engage them.
Here are six steps you can follow to create a marketing plan for the new year and some ways that TEGNA and 11Alive can help you.
- Review your current marketing efforts: What is working and what is not? Identify areas for improvement and areas where you should continue to focus your efforts.
- Set clear goals and objectives: Determine what you want to achieve by this time next year. Ideally, what progress will lead to good business outcomes for you? Do you want to increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, or generate more leads? By setting clear goals and objectives, you can stay focused and have a benchmark to measure your success.
- Identify your target consumer: Who are you trying to reach with your marketing efforts? Make sure you clearly understand your target consumer, including their demographics, interests, and behaviors. TEGNA has several highly effective targeting tools. Our consultative approach will help you uncover the right combination of targeting and tools to achieve the best results.
- Develop strategies and tactics: Based on your goals and ideal customer, develop a plan for reaching and engaging them. This might include tactics such as a strong video commercial message that resonates with your target consumer and where, how, and when you will deliver this message. A conversation with one of our consultants at 11Alive – or any TEGNA station across the country – can help you sort through the best marketing tools that make sense for your business plan.
- Create a budget and allocate resources: Determine how much you are willing to spend on your marketing efforts by aligning your budget with your desired business outcomes. Allocate your resources accordingly. Be sure to allocate enough resources to support your chosen tactics and be realistic about your timeline and the benchmarks to reach your goals.
- Implement and track: Put your plan into action and track your progress. Use analytics tools to continually measure the effectiveness of your marketing efforts and adjust with your partner vendors as needed. At TEGNA, we believe in providing you with the measurements and analytics that help you make good marketing decisions for both your brand and for activation. We ensure our reporting and measurement are both accessible and transparent for our clients and that our team is trained to help you interpret and optimize the results.
Contact TEGNA Today
All across the country, TEGNA stations keep your brand messaging in the good company of award-winning, trusted local storytelling that impacts your community. It’s all the news and information your customers rely on, and your brand message can benefit by aligning with our insider take on sports, key weather coverage, essential traffic updates, and more. Let’s get in touch.