Why Does Digital Need to Be a Part of Your Brand’s Strategy This Summer?
For brands looking to turn local online search queries into foot traffic to their storefront, event, or other specific location, audience targeting, geofencing, and retargeting, could be a viable solution.
With 85% of Americans expected to travel this summer, many will be searching the internet for things to do in an unfamiliar area. On top of that, 78% of consumers use the internet to find information about local businesses more than once a week. In this scenario, searches may be for “ice cream near me” or “things to do tonight.”
For brands looking to turn these local online search queries into foot traffic audience targeting, geofencing, and retargeting, could be a viable solution.
With the extensive targeting capabilities these solutions provide, advertisers are able to reach a qualified audience whether it’s based on demographics and behaviors, a specific location, an event taking place, or through retargeting. Here’s how.
With audience targeting, brands can reach customers who are highly likely to interact with brands based on their interests. This targeting includes:
- Intent-Based Targeting. Target specific audiences based on demographics, interests, and behaviors so you reach the best audience possible.
- Loyal Audience. Target repeat customers with special offers and loyalty rewards to increase foot traffic and build brand awareness.
- Custom Audiences. No matter the niche, you can create custom audiences and target them for up to 30 days of being served a geotargeted ad.
Brands can boost mobile marketing performance by targeting specific locations with pinpoint accuracy. With geofencing, prospects will be served your ads when they enter a geofenced area and can be traced back to a location-based Conversion Zone. With geofencing, your brand can target:
- Business Location. Target an essential segment of your audience who has previously visited your storefront or brick-and-mortar location.
- Event Targeting. Target a specific event in your area or across the country.
- Addressable Audience Curation. Curate an audience tailored to your needs using location and demographic variables then target them within their household.
- Competitor’s Location. Win over prospects by geofencing a competitor’s location and targeting them with ads showing why your business is superior.
Measuring Results with Conversion Zones
A geofencing strategy becomes even more powerful when an advertiser sets up geofenced Conversion Zones to measure results. For example, when a person who was served a geofenced ad enters a Conversion Zone, the geofencing campaign is credited with a conversion.
For example, let’s say a local ice cream shop served ads to people who recently visited a competitor’s location. Thanks to geofencing, the shop can now serve ads to those people and draw them to visit their store next time, instead.
Reach previous website visitors or those searching for similar products.
- Site Retargeting. Bring previous website visitors back to your website with new ad experiences for a second chance at conversion.
- Search Retargeting. Reach those who have interest, but are not familiar with your brand, by targeting individuals that have previously searched for a specific keyword or topic related to your business.
Ready to see what we can do for your business? Request your custom strategy here.